Saturday, June 28, 2008

Square Lake Road Race


This is how it all went down. All of the juniors lined up way early because that is how we roll. While I was waiting there I was talking with Aaron Shaw. We were talking about how we raced in the same category last year at this race. After that we started the neutral rollout which was at an awesome pace for all of the juniors. When we started for real I took off just to make the pace fast. We kept racing until we got to that uber scary downhill right before the big hill. A 15-18 junior named Travis got a small gap before the downhill and kept it for a while. So on the way down the hill I was on the brakes a lot and when we turned right the group brought the pace up to catch Travis. Right before the turn up the big hill we caught him. I lead into the corner and attacked super hard the whole way up and eventually got a super small gap. I slowly made the gap larger until Benn Hulbert bridged up to and pulled me to the final corner where he right away dropped me and gained about 25-50 meters until the finish. Benn still had to do another lap because he was an older junior so I turned around after the finish line to see the sprint between my teammate Jake and Ryan Shaw when all of a sudden I see Dan another younger junior get a 20 meter gap and take 2. The sprint between Jake and Ryan Was uber fast and intense but Ryan just got Jake before the line for 3 which made Jake 4.

2 comments:

GoBigGreen said...

I thought that 90 degree down hill turn was super scary, too! Cool that they gave us good cookies at the finish for surviving that corner.
Nice work Jordan.
Julia

Anonymous said...

dude...Awesome blog. Thats cool you mentioned me, Your blog is pretty UBER cool. Haha. Call me later so we can set up a ride and the weekend. Cya.
Aaron UBER Shaw