Sunday, September 21, 2008

Weekend Racing

Did 3 races this weekend 2 were wisport on Saturday the other was the porkchop challenge.
.Drove down to Waumandee, WI for Wisport Worlds.
.Checked into some sweet cabins in Waumandee.
.Woke up for the TT got dressed,got bikes ready,and warmed up.
.Went out a little hard for the TT but realized it and slowed up a bit.
.Screwed up turn around but accelerated fast.
.Caught my dad and dropped him (SWEET).
.Finished and just about got caught by Lance Niles and Ian.
.Went to awards.
.On the podium it was me and then Jim Moore's son Jim's son did super good and it's only his first race.
.For the TT I rode Donimator's 999's and do I have a new fav wheelset :).
. Decided to do the 1,2,3 road race for experience.
.Started the road race with about 20 people.
.Strat was nice and calm until Dan and my dad attacked.
.Those two got a big gap and we slowed down a little.
.Went up the climb with the front 4.
.went down the downhill and got semi-dropped but Gordy Paulson totally saved my race by slowing down to let me draft him and on the second lap he actually pushed me up to the lead group.
.Thanks super lots Gordy.
Same thing until the last lap until the downhill where I got dropped and Mike Johnson helped pull me back to the group.
.On the finishing stretch Gordy and I attacked as hard as we could go but couldn't get away.
.In the finish Gordy and I got dropped by and got gapped about 100 meters.
.Sprinted as hard as I could against Gordy and just beat him man is he fast.
Next Day
.Drove to Saint Cloud.
.Got ready.
.Lined up for the C race and it looked like a stacked field.
.Started and got passed quite a bit but made it up to top 10 by the first barriers.
.Moved up lead the race for about half a lap and eventually got Third obverall sweet.
A super thanks for Don who helped me get my bike and to TIME and Chris Smith for shoes and peadal.

2 comments:

Gordy Paulson said...

Jordan, you rode like a champ this weekend. I'm excited to see what a great bike racer you're becoming. I especially liked how you gave credit to your competition...that's the mark of a true champion. Keep up the great work.

Jordan said...

Thanks a lots Gordy!!!